The Mount Washington Hillclimb Auto Race, also known as the Climb to the Clouds, is a timed hillclimb auto race up the Mount Washington Auto Road to the summit of Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It is one of the oldest auto races in the country, first run on July 11th and 12th, 1904, predating the Indianapolis 500 and the Pikes Peak Hillclimb. The event is being revived in 2011.
- 1904 Movie of Harry Harkness in the official First Race up Mt. Washington “Climb to the Clouds” and modern version of Travis Pastrana with camera onboard 6 min 20.47sec
- San Diego: the Birthplace of Naval Aviation Part One Harry starts San Diego Aero Club
- History of “Climb to the Clouds” and “Taming a Mountain Road with Horses and Cars”
- Harkness on list of Early National Champions 1902
- Joe Jagersberger raced with Harry and built race cars for Harkness